Articles is a beautiful Wikipedia reader for your iPhone and iPod touch.
Articles makes it easy to read about whatever happens to be on your mind. With the integrated map feature, you can also learn about interesting places and historic events nearby with a single tap.
ELEGANT AND INTUITIVE INTERFACE
Articles’ award-winning design presents Wikipedia articles perfectly optimized for reading on your iPhone or iPod touch. A single tap in the search bar lets you find the article you need and start reading.
Too many articles to read right now? Just tap and hold on an article link and select \u201CRead Later\u201D to save it to your queue. Each article saved to your Read Later queue includes a short descriptive blurb to help you remember why you wanted to read it.
FIND NEARBY ENTRIES
Use the \u201CNearby\u201D bookmark item to see interesting places and historic events near your current location. If you want to learn about somewhere farther afield, it’s as simple as finding it on the map.
Easily navigate an article’s table of contents or see it in a different language by tapping the Navigation button in the search bar. To skim the sections of an article, just double-tap and hold anywhere in the article, then swipe up or down.
Tap and hold any toolbar item to customize the toolbar layout, so you can switch languages or see the Table of Contents with a single tap.
FIND TEXT ON PAGES
Tap the search button in the search bar to find specific words or phrases within even the longest articles.
Tap the action button and choose \u201CAdd Bookmark\u201D to save and organize articles that you refer to often.
Your recent article history is just a tap away—and easily cleared if there’s something in it you’d rather not share.
Search the title and content of every Wikipedia article in a heartbeat by tapping the search bar.
Found an interesting image? Tap it to get a closer look or save it to your phone.
Pull down and release an article to make sure that your reading isn’t interrupted by over-sensitive orientation changes.
TIPS & TRICKS
– Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control
– Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items
– Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar
– Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size
– Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation
– Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page
– Shake your device to open a random article
– Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content
– Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions
– iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (2nd generation), iPod touch (3rd generation), or iPod touch (4th generation) is required
– iPhone or iPod touch must have iOS 4 or later